Whether they should or not or and whether we want them to or not, appearances matter. Your teeth and your smile have a big impact on your appearance and how people see you. They can even impact how you feel about yourself. This is why cosmetic dentistry, a branch of dentistry that concerns itself with beautifying your teeth and smile, is so important. If you decide to have cosmetic dentistry done, you’ll want to make sure you go to a cosmetic dentist.
The Most Popular Cosmetic Dental Procedures
When you consult with a cosmetic dentist, the main objective is to give you a smile that you will love and feel great about. There are many procedures that fall under the umbrella of cosmetic dentistry. Here are just a few:
- Teeth Whitening: A white smile can make you look up to a decade younger and helps you look healthier too. Although you will find drug store options available, some of them can damage the enamel on your teeth and none of them are as effective as the treatments you can receive from a cosmetic dentist.
- Adult Braces: Crooked teeth can make you feel really self conscious. Today, there are many options when it comes to braces. Adult braces can be painless and almost completely unnoticeable.
- Crowns: While crowns can have dual purposes, in terms of cosmetic dentistry, the use of ceramic or enamel not only makes crowns invisible, in many cases it improves the outward appearance of the tooth.
- Composite fillings: Many fillings have been metal amalgam fillings which sometimes show when the patient smiles. Now there is the option of having composite fillings. These fillings are the same shade as the teeth making them nearly invisible to the naked eye. In most cases, metal amalgam fillings can be replaced with composite fillings.
- Veneers: Veneers are an amazing option for improving your overall smile. Porcelain veneers are placed over the surface of the teeth to give your smile a flawless, yet still natural and beautiful look.
How Does Cosmetic Dentistry Benefit Patients?
One of the greatest benefits of cosmetic dentistry is that it is so effective. When you have a cosmetic dental procedure done, such as teeth whitening for example, you get highly visible results that have a positive impact on how you look and feel. Here are some of the other amazing benefits of cosmetic dentistry.
Long Lasting Effects
Compared to other types of cosmetic procedures, from veneers to whitening, cosmetic dental procedures last for years and are in some cases permanent.
Short Recovery Time
Many of the procedures offered by a cosmetic dentist have little to no recovery time. When there is recovery time, it is less complicated and shorter in duration than other cosmetic enhancement options.
It is not fair or accurate to say that cosmetic dentistry is cheap, however, it is much more affordable than you may think. As technology advances many of the procedures have become less invasive and much more cost effective.
How Much Does a Full Dental Makeover Cost?
A full dental makeover may involve many procedures which can include some of the following:
- Restorative Dentistry (dental crowns, veneers, dental bridges, etc.)
- Gum Treatment
- Cosmetic Dentistry
All of these areas come together to create a perfect and healthy smile by fully making over each tooth in the upper and lower jaw. Depending on your specific dental situation this may call for certain procedures and not others. Therefore the price of a full dental makeover will be based on your needs.